Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reader's Nirvana Welcomes All.



Hi!! Welcome to Reader’s Nirvana and to the first post of this blog. Like any other blog, this blog also has some purpose and reason of its existence. It is for the people who love to read almost anything they find interesting and to tell you about the reason this blog’s existence, I would have to tell you a small story. It’s about me.

I remember as a kid I used to love reading comics. I was so much into it that its addiction remained until last few months of my high school. The reason due to which I left reading comics was I became more interested in reading novels (mostly fiction and till today I maintain this habit), once my grandpa saw me reading some novel which was of course a work of fiction and full of violence and fantasies with bit of a sex thrown in. He stood next to me for few seconds and said, “I have seen you read a lot, it’s good, but the kind of literature you read is of no use, in fact I doubt it would do anything good to your mind. If you want then I can get you some good biographies of some great people, and I am sure you would like it”.

I had never read a biography then and I was not sure if I would find it interesting but just for the sake of not refusing him directly I agreed but on a condition that I would finish my current book first and he agreed.. Very soon he got this book for me. I saw its cover, it said, “Edison – A Biography”. People who don’t remember Edison, he is the one who invented the bulb :), I started reading the book reluctantly but it kept me interested till the end though it became bit technical at times. I couldn’t just thank enough my grandpa for that book. Interestingly what followed was the series of different biographies of different famous people from different walks of life I read again and again over the time. Gradually I started reading more interesting and different stuff ranging from short parables to sophisticated literature. Even today if find something interesting (let it be about anything), I still read it with curiosity.

So the moral of the story is I love to read. I love reading about anything and everything as long as it is interesting and makes sense to me and I wonder how many people like me are out there. I sincerely hope there are many otherwise my this whole idea of creating a blog where people can read and post the stuff they find useful or helpful or entertaining would go in vain.

With this hope I want to extend my warm welcome from Reader’s Nirvana to you all, who have taken some time out to visit this blog and read my first post, with the promise that you would find plenty and plenty of useful stuff here in coming days.




We would love to hear from you. Please take some time out and drop your comments. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment