Monday, June 15, 2009

What Women Want?



If you would have been married for a while then I am sure you would have encountered a situation when your wife is somewhat mad at you, maybe she is crying and you don’t have any clue, what the hell on this earth happened which made her upset?

Nevertheless when you ask her, she doesn’t respond with a clear answer, which means we are suppose to figure it out ourselves. Now that’s quite a task. Why does it happen with the women? Why can’t they say what they want or how we are suppose to act in certain situation or what bothers them because this would certainly make things a lot simple (at least for us).

It happened with me more than twice before and was happening with me again this morning. I wish we had some power which would let us see inside a girls mind (something like what Mel Gibson had in the movie “What Women Want”). My wife was upset and was shedding some tears once in a while. I asked her plenty of time what’s wrong? And in return I got some twisted answers. So I decided to purposely leave the home early for the sake of not dragging the issue.

In an attempt to figure it out why it happens with us. I asked this question to very close female friend of mine she chuckled and replied smilingly, here are her words, “it’s not hard to understand a girl, and there are plenty of guys like you who fail to understand our emotions. You must have said or done something which she didn’t like and if you can’t figure it out what was that then you are in trouble. I would advise you to wait for some time and when the time would be right; she would eventually spit it out”. By the time she finished answering my question I was sure she would have been in similar situation with her boy friend before and she would be no different than my wife and act exactly the same way with her husband when she would get married.

I was still curious and decided to do more research on this subject so this time I thought of asking this from my mom. “Is everything okay between you two?” that was her first question after listening to me. I said, “Yeah, everything is good, it is just a routine small fight”. “I am sorry to say but you are exactly like your father, why you men don’t have brains to understand our emotions. This is not a rocket science”. This line made me realize my dad is an old member of the club I have recently joined – The Frustrated Husbands Club. I avoided talking more about it with her and left her place after sometime.

Surprisingly I still had some energy left in me now I thought of asking this from someone in male fraternity. I made a plan of meeting with an old classmate of mine in some club. He was married for past few years. We met to catch up with old times over beer. In between the conversation I asked him about it. He said, “Yeah, it happens plenty of time with me too. I don’t know and don’t pay much attention to it. Hey! Did you see that football match last week?” Clearly he had no idea and was not in mood to analyze it, so we continued with our drinks.

By the time I left the club I was drunk and knew the fact that this is not only our problem. It happened with everyone I talked to today. Now I decided to hear it directly from the horse’s mouth. I went home; she opened the door and got an idea that I was drunk. I looked straight in her eyes and said, “I don’t know what I did wrong but I love you a lot and can’t see you upset. I am sorry”. I finished my sentence. She hugged me and she was all in tears. It took a while for her to stop crying. That time I realized, its okay for guys to fail to understand their wifes and girl friends, what matters most is how much you care for them. I knew it was not a right thing to do then but still I asked her, “Sweetie, now at least tell me. What happened in the morning? Maybe it would help me to be more careful in future”. “Nothing, forget it, you would never understand”, she said while hugging me again with a throat full of tears.

We went to sleep that night with no stews. However, the mystery remains unsolved. Why women want us to understand everything without she saying a word? Is there any smart men/women who can throw some light on this :)






We would love to hear from you. Please drop your comments below.


5 comments:

  1. Very true...its all a big confusion most of the times...nice read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha....you bet...it is not easy for us to understand them and it is also not easy for them to make us understand..This mystry would always remain a mystry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman loves being loved,cared for and trusted.When you give a woman all these, she becomes pliable in your hand. Sometimes trying to understand a woman's mind is like trying to see the end of a deep gully. It is what a man can never fathom. Patience however makes your woman to continue loving you over and over

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it just the same with man who wants their woman to read their minds so that he or she will know what is going on. It is so difficult to decode someone's mind especially he or she isn't in the mood to let you figure things out. However, for you to know what is your partner thinking give some space for him or her to have a breather over the things that upset him or her. Then, have a heart to heart talk telling your partner that you want to solve the issues or problems if there are so that your relationship will not be on shaky grounds. Communication is important to settle things out.

    ---------------
    http://www.usatodate.com/i/?a=50

    ReplyDelete